Monday, May 21, 2012

Gloomy Monday Hike

I went on a hike/run/walk this morning. I went to the same state park as yesterday. However today I took a different trail which is what I love about this park because they are so many different beautiful trails all leading down to the beach some longer and tedious than others.


I took the longest trail. As usual I parked my car a little distance from the trail to enable me to warm up. I walked from my car to the beginning of the trail which is a good 15 minutes. Then at the beginning of the trail I ran all the way down to the beach. This trail is a good workout because it is mostly sandy and rocky, it winds, steeps and drops all at once. 


I was dripping of sweat by the time I got down to the water.  Just as the trail ends there are steps leading down to the water. I managed to take pictures with my phone. On my way back up the trail I ran into a group of kids they must have been on school field trip. I had to stand on the side and let them all pass because the trail pathway is very narrow. As they all descended to the beach I snapped a few pictures. It is a little gloomy out today as you will see from the pictures. The breeze was to die for and I am so glad I went on my run/hike this morning.


I'm sore all over but I'm not complaining :) I hope you enjoy the pictures below














Xx
OverWeight In SoCal

2 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

Beautiful trail.

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

Great views! Hard to believe some people would rather stay indoors on their elliptical! Good job kicking butt on those stairs!

Post a Comment