The lovely Alexia over at my wicked, wicked ways was gracious enough to award me the above -fabulous sugar doll blogger award- above. Lexia's blog was the first blog I came across when I started my own weight loss blog. She's honest, funny, and witty all in one and simply awesome to say the least. Thanks, Lexia!!!
According to the guidelines of the award, I'm required to share 10 things you don't already know about me. So here goes;
- I love love love to read. I think my greatest wealth on earth is books. Now if only I could find as good a book club as Jane Austen's
- I love summer but the heat gets to me. I'm constantly in the need of an air conditioned car/room. I won't walk in the heat because I feel like dying, literally
- I prefer winter over summer. This is how I see it, in the winter I can layer up until I reach a desired body temp. then shed off the layers if I get too hot, whereas the summer, I could be nekkid and still sweating like a pig
- Today it's over 100F in my neck of the woods and I've drank close to 3, 000ml/3L of water
- In the past I've feared I may contract hyponatremia from the large amounts of water I consume
- I've never in life signed up for a gym membership but I am about to by the end of this month *fingers crossed*
- I'm a registered nurse (RN) so be nice to me because I just might be your nurse someday :) haha
- It's summer and I'm curbing all the junk food snacking by stocking my fridge up with fruits (mostly watermelon and mangoes) which reminds me I'm down to my last mango. Mental note: stop at the grocery store
- As a nurse I'm constantly surrounded by comfort food e.g. cookies, donuts, sees candies and a variety of other foods which are brought by other nurses or family in appreciation. I try my level best to stay clear of the break room and also by bringing a healthy snack (usually sliced fruit) to last me through my shift.
- I get off work and get home at about 8am and I'm dead beat which makes working out tough because I sleep all day and by the time I wake up I gotta get ready and its back to work again. A vicious cycle I tell ya! Thus taking me back to #6 why I want to sign up for the gym. That way I can wake up and go in the evenings before work or in the mornings after work depending on whar kind of night I had at work
I'll be back tomorrow with a list of the people I'll award/pass along this fabulous award to. Watch this space!!!