Monday, July 23, 2012

Pushing Myself

I haven't posted since last week although everyday I mean to other things just kinda overtake me.


So what's new in my neck of the woods? I started doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred all over again so am back to Level 1 and am ok with it. The first night it kicked my little non-existent  butt to oblivion. I just wanted to cry from sheer frustration. I wanted to throw in the towel and say forget it. But how did I get here in the first place? first things first, right? sometimes we all need a tough love reality check. I got so out of shape because I stopped working out and now that I'm back at it I can only keep pushing myself or just completely let myself go. And the latter is not an option. So I pushed myself on day 1 of the 30 day shred until it was over.  And after Day 1 its no longer that bad. And I love it.


You wanna know something? I can't do a push up. There I said it!!! I like to blame my tatas they are 40DDD's and I feel like they pull me down. But really even though that might be a factor the biggest issue is lack of upper body strength. I also cannot do a sit up. Again the boobs because I feel like its too much weight to lift. But you know what know though a novice at both I am doing horrible push ups and sit ups and feeling the effect. I gotta start somewhere. So I will keep pushing and pushing and noone can stop me unless I do it myself. All the obstacles we face along this journey to make healthy choices and lead a healthier lifestyle we create ourselves. Noone can get in our way but ourselves. So we have to make the decision to push ourselves no matter what.


I also have cut back on my carb intake. I'm striving to eat more veggiez and fruits and chug water. I'm learning the more colorful my plate is the healthier I eat. If I have more cabbage or mixed vegetables than anything else then am eating healthier. Baby steps :) 


Good week to everybody


Xx
OverWeight In SoCal

5 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

I hear you about Jillian's 30 day shred that video is the devil. I think I got to day 10 and gave up. I can also sympathize with you on the Tata situation. I have to wear a bra AND a sports bra to get the proper support to work out. I think I even wore TWO sports bras at one point. Keep at it, you can do it!!!!

High Heels & Good Meals! said...

LOL@ little non existent butt! I feel ya girlie, I'm doing bootcamp and today I literally thought I was gonna fall the heck out! Let's keep it up and reach our goals!

safire said...

Good luck with the 30-day shred! I've heard great things about it.

I think I started off with girly pushups before I felt more strength in my upper body.

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

Veggiez - haha!

Like Miss Haneefa, I wear bra + sports bra to workout!

I'm proud of you for not giving up! I bought 30 day shred years ago and it has been sitting on my shelf since the first try! You may have just inspired me to try it again sometime soon! :)

Moya2bean said...

Wow, I commend you!
You should be super proud of yourself.
Never give up! I wish I could do at least one push up, lol!
Great post. VERY inspirational.

chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com

Post a Comment