Wednesday, July 4, 2012

First Gym Membership

So I haven't written an update on here in a while. I've been under the weather nothing weight related just not feeling too hot recently. But each day is a little better because I am a fighter and losing/giving up isn't part of my vocabulary. And you know what they say you can't beat someone who doesn't give up right? so yay go me!!!


I've always been an outdoorsy kinda girl. I love to hike, take walks outside, and run the streets. But I've decided I want something different and therefore I got gym membership at the 24hr fitness down my street. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I think the only equipment I can independently use at the gym is the treadmill. Bleh. So the manager was kind enough to give me a free one time 50min session with a personal trainer who will orient me to all the equipment at the gym. So cool. As well as taylor the orientation to suit my goals which are tone up my arms, stomach and thighs and lose some weight. That I'm definitely excitoz about :)


I even went shopping for new sports bras, which is something I have been putting away for a while now. I'm a DDD so I need to at least wear two workout bras at any given time. I was also looking for workout pants but the ones I like best are from  Cult of California going for $70. Isn't that friggin nuts!?! Mind you I do have pretty new workout pants so nevermind. But I'm really eyeing the $70 ones I just don't know that I wanna spend that much on workout pants. Would you spend that much on workout pants? I even cringe at the very thought. Loudest ick heard 'round the world lol I guess that answers my question. Or I could wait until they go on sale *grins*


I hope ya'll had a great 4th of July. The boy and I did. We watched some pretty awesome firework show, bbq'd and had some cocktails/beers. Always nice to have a day off smack in the middle of the week.


Xx
OverWeight In SoCal

1 comments:

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

Yay! I thought gyms were boring, but I like learning and using the new to me equipment. I loved my appointment like that, so much that I did 2 so I could learn ALL the machines!

I'm glad you are going to wait for a sale. Nothing like paying full price and then seeing the discounted sale price :( haha

Post a Comment