Monday, July 9, 2012

I'm sexy and I know it

So as planned I went and met my personal trainer, Michael at the 24hr Fitness down my street last week. It was friggin epic!!! Once I got there he had me walk on the treadmill as a warm up for 5 mins then we moved to stretching followed by a bunch of weights. We worked on my legs, thighs, biceps, triceps and back. Whooosh. And wait for it..I absofrigginlutely loved it. He stopped me a few times and asked if I was sure I had never had a gym membership before and if I was certain I had never had a personal trainer. I assured him I hadn't and he was pretty impressed at how good I was and how I did everything he directed me to do with so much ease. It was very motivational hearing this from a trainer. I guess all the hiking and runs I do from time to time really do work. We worked out for a solid 55 minutes and I felt like a new person. So refreshing when those endorphins kick in I tell ya. At the end of the session he had me do the treadmill and some stretching again to wind down my body.


He emphasized on the importance of stretching and warming up to avoid injuries. I made a mental note to remember to do this. Too bad I don't  feel like I need a personal trainer at this point in time but if ever I did Michael would definitely be the guy to go with. He was such a personable trainer. We had great conversations during the whole workout which made it that much more better. He even asked to take me out for a drink lol. I'm sexy and I know it and I own it :) I politely declined the offer and informed him I was happily 'betrothed' to the boy :)


So I was talking to the boy about the best gym schedule and he told me to start out with three times a week. He advised I do a 30min run on the treadmill and alternate between 30mins of  upper or lower body workouts totaling to an hour at the gym. I think that sounds like a plan. I will start today so please pray me perseverance. My worst enemy in working out is boredom. It is the sheer death of me. I will persistently workout even for months on end only to fall off the wagon. I have tried to change it up. Change of scenery e.g. run on the beach, hike trails, street power walks/runs and now the gym. Even the Jillian Michael's 30 days shred. OK I do need divine intervention. So help me God.


Xx
OverWeight In SoCal

3 comments:

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

Girl! Getting hit on at the gym - go you!

Yeah gym boredom is terrible, but I find that a nice mix of gym, outdoor stuff, and videos are fun. A lot of the boredom is relieved if you do something w/a friend. Jillian is hardcore! I tried that video the first time at 290 lbs...shortly into the video, I gave her the finger and shut it off! haha

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

And PS thanks for getting that song in my head!

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah!

Overweight in SoCal said...

@EmDub thanks for always stopping by and for all the support. I hope the song is out of your head by now. Jillian is something else I learnt to put her on mute because I was close to flippin a switch lol

Post a Comment