Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stuck In Reverse NOT

So on Monday as planned I left the house at 840pm and drove down to the gym and was there by 845pm. When I got there I could tell from the parking it was crowded. I immediately got uneasy I mean this was only my first day at the gym by myself. What if I didn't remember how any of the equipment worked. I contemplated driving back home but scolded my thoughts and found a parking spot. I walked in and checked in and boy was it crowded. Everything I had planned on using was taken EXCEPT one treadmill in the corner. I walked to it and go on it but the whole time I kept an eye out in case any of the other equipment opened up. I did the treadmill for 15mins before anything opened up. I was sweating like a pig. Naturally, I have a very high intolerance for heat so add a workout and I'm a lost case sweating to oblivion.


Did I mention the full length wall to wall mirrors? that kind of pressure is insurmountable. Working out on the treadmill looking at myself was like a forced reality check. I love myself and know am beautiful. But the one part of my body that takes a hit when I gain weight is my face and oh boy! But I was proud of myself that I was there working the treadmill in all my chub-star glory. I remembered to do my stretches :) Nothing kicked my butt to the point of getting short of breath or heaving. I loved my revved up heart rate. It was really good. I just need to find the perfect time to go. I hate a crowded gym and having to wait around for equipment to open up or staying on the same treadmill to the point I considered leaving the gym altogether. The most amazing thing however was seeing all those people committed to the same thing, a healthy lifestyle. I was so impressed by myself for being there. I pounded that treadmill and worked the leg press and inner thigh machine/adductor. I gave it my all without any apologies to anyone.


Its Wednesday night in my neck of the woods so I will he heading to the gym shortly. I miss hiking but there is no way in the hell I can tolerate hiking in this California summer heat. Its blazing!!! I'm contemplating I should start doing the Jillian Michael's 30 days shred and/or taking evening walks/runs on the days I don't go to the gym. I will keep you posted on how that goes.


Xx
OverWeight In Sunny SoCal

3 comments:

Wait Until The Sunset said...

10 killer points for gym-ing in that heat babe!

I totally don't understand why they have to put all those mirrors in too hey!?

Overweight in SoCal said...

@Olivia thanks much for points..feels get for someone to acknowledge my effort :) Mirrors in the gym?loudest ICK heard around the world lol

High Heels & Good Meals! said...

Girl you crack me up...seriously. I love reading you posts because youre so descriptive. Makes me feel like im there. I can tell in my face too when I gain weight. I look like a chipmunk. I dont like the full mirrors. Im following now so I can keep up with your journey.

Post a Comment