Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Is It Fall Already!?!

Well, after not working out as much as I do last week, I resumed my workout yesterday. Oh thank goodness because I was almost going out of my mind for a minute there. I jump started myself back into things with Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred level 2. And oh boy. It may be only a mere 20 minutes but its pure insanity and hardcore. I literally sweat dollops...dollops people no exaggeration here. I get revved up that much.

I gotta say though after two weeks of running and power walks with my 10lb dumbbells in tow I was well prepared for level 2. I could tell I wasn't so easily tired as I was in Level 1. And I liked it. I'm getting stronger with each workout and am so proud of myself. I truly look forward to my workout sessions everyday. 

I believe the alternating power walks, runs and 30 days shred also break the monotony for me and keep me motivated. I cannot wait for Fall to really kick in so I can go back to hiking. I surely cannot hike in this California heat. It's 2230hrs as I type this and its still in the high 70s degrees. I just need it to cool down some already.

My nasal congestion is acting up from all the a/c :( Yet I cannot survive the heat without a/c so I have it set at 70 degrees all day and night. So despite today being 101 degrees I was chugging cuppa teas to soothe my sinuses. Loudest ICK heard 'round the world I tell ya.

My diet this week has mostly been mixed veggiez, a side of basmati steamed rice with either Tilapia or Salmon and water or Gatorade. And a single cocktail/glass of red most nights because it is summer after all. Although, earlier on this week and last weekend I over indulged in Ben & Jerry's Americone. That stuff is so delish. I couldn't keep it in the house because I could easily inhale a whole tub in one sitting. Once in a while though I do allow myself to over indulge so its a-okay!!!

I'm proud to report my water chugging is slowly increasing. I'm nursing a mild headache tonight and I know its from heat dehydration despite all the water and tea. Is it Fall yet? ready to break out my boots and scarves. I know, you ask, what winter in SoCal? haha

Xx,
OverWeight In Sunny SoCal

1 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

Glad to see that you are back on the bandwagon. I am also tackling the 30 Day Shred. GOod Luck!

Post a Comment