Monday, March 18, 2013

To Each His Own

Different things work for different people. I have always had the perception that salads could not be filling to me or be able to satisfy my hunger. But after losing my work lunch bag the last two weeks have found me experimenting with different things.

I always find like most people when I plan my meals I resist succumbing to unhealthy options. For the most part eating out= unhealthy choices but it doesn't have to be that way.

My job is in a metro city so places to eat are a plenty making it tempting to make poor choices. However, I chose otherwise. I decided on Chipotle the first few times. Now not too long ago I would have gone for one of their big juicy burritos and on occasion I still will. But this time I decided to give a salad a shot. I went for one with lettuce, fajita veggies (sauteed green bell peppers+red onion), grilled chicken and guacamole. This is not your average salad but I tweaked it to my liking. I skipped the cheese and sour cream because I'm lactose intolerant. Chipotle offers a house dressing to go with their salads but I found that with the guac I didn't even need it. To my pleasant surprise the salad was very delish and filling. Needless to say I was back the remainder of the week :)

 I also stopped by another place and sampled a chicken plate that came with two salads (cabbage + oriental), a vegetable skewer consisting of mushrooms, zucchini, onions and bell peppers with a 1/2 cup of brown rice. Again, this was both satisfying and filling.

I guess what am trying to say we all have to find what works for us and tweak it to our own liking. I will now be incorporating more salads to my meals. I especially thought the veggie skewer was a brilliant idea!

Please share your favorite salad recipes with me!!!

Xx,
OverWeight In Sunny SoCal

1 comments:

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

I love avocado& fresh salsa smashed together as a dressing. I like chicken and cucumber with feta and red onions, but no olives! :)

I'm a sucker for zucchini tho, mushrooms too. Mmmm...and chipotle is great!

Post a Comment